Best place for 2nds equipment cheap brood/super boxes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the Maisemore Polys also best priced? Are those worth considering in the sale?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Its not only about the price. I think it all depends on the hives characteristics. The hives available from suppliers like Paynes and Maisemore’s, Abelo, Paradise honey and Swienty are not all truly compatible with each other or with wooden BS Nationals. They sell their own designs of National hives, and some are more compatible than others.

Are the Maisemore Polys also best priced? Are those worth considering in the sale?

Poly sale is usually February. I wouldn't consider them at all because of the external dimensions. Poly nucs are decent though.

Its not only about the price. I think it all depends on the hives characteristics. The hives available from suppliers like Paynes and Maisemore’s, Abelo, Paradise honey and Swienty are not all truly compatible with each other or with wooden BS Nationals. They sell their own designs of National hives, and some are more compatible than others.

I have an Abelo brood box sitting on top of a Swienty one and have used the Swienty supers on Abelo; they are both compatible with each other and wooden hives although the Swienty is limited to 10 frames.

Poly sale is usually February. I wouldn't consider them at all because of the external dimensions. Poly nucs are decent though.

I have an Abelo brood box sitting on top of a Swienty one and have used the Swienty supers on Abelo; they are both compatible with each other and wooden hives although the Swienty is limited to 10 frames.

Thats very handy to know. Thanks.

What about the second super, would you consider putting another swienty on? There is no bee space rebate so a bee crushing exercise, same goes for double brood.

Latest posts

Back