behaer change

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macstu

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am only into my second season and now with three hives the first one I had last year was well behaved are now acting differnt, I keep them in a neighbours 3 acre field which has a shed for storage of my bee equipment approx 100+ yards from the hive and some of the bees follow me back to the shed when I have fineshed and take a few minutes for them to go away even after brushing them off plus already had a few stings from them last year was about 3 for the season, Last year as soon as I had got 20 feet from the hive they were leaving and going back to the hive This year not so queen seems to working well as there is plenty of brood coming on including a few drones,
I was told I need to requeen but have seldom found the queen in this coloney she is not marked the other two are easy to find, will they superceed

Last edited:
Not likely! Sorry!
Can only suggest that you persevere finding the queen, there are threads on here that will give you advice. One way...... Move the hive away from its original situation and replace with another box. All flying bees will return to new box leaving you with less bees to search through.
Trust me, angry bees will sap your patience and enthusiasm. You need to deal with them!
E

Will a nuculus box do and can i leave them to raise there own queen or do I buy one in

can i leave them to raise there own queen or do I buy one in
better to buy a new queen in - leaving them raise their own would mean she would have the same genes thus possibly the same traits as the old one

Latest posts

Back