Bees wax crayons

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxpinx

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
My husband told me that a colleague of his was ordering some beeswax crayons from New Zealand for his child... They are a "super green" family (never mind the air miles...)
I was wondering if anyone has had any success making their own? There are lots of recipes on the web, all with different ingredients. I'd like to have a go at making some as a surprise for them.

Thanks!

My husband told me that a colleague of his was ordering some beeswax crayons from New Zealand for his child... They are a "super green" family (never mind the air miles...)
I was wondering if anyone has had any success making their own? There are lots of recipes on the web, all with different ingredients. I'd like to have a go at making some as a surprise for them.

Thanks!

No I haven't but you've given me a fantastic idea for my Nice and Nephew's for Christmas!

I found this link

http://nourishingjoy.com/how-to-make-crayons/

Thanks for that link - it wasn't one I've seen before

it's interesting that the amount of beeswax used is at a ratio use 90% carnauba and 10% beeswax.

I was hoping to use 100% beeswax as I have a lot!

Homemade scented crayons - brilliant gift idea. But surely if you use more than about 10% beeswax they will be too soft?

You guys make some and let us know how it goes. ;)

Hi Andy,
Make candles - they'll be at a premium next November, December etc when the power cuts happen :(

Hi John

Yes, currently looking into candle making...for Christmas gifts!

my wax is all cleaned, prepared in small blocks for easier handling and melting.

Just need to obtain, moulds and the bits and pieces!

Latest posts

Back