Bees Ordered??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raceyboy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I've ordered some bees for Friday (15th) the chap is a respected person in the beekeeping fraternity but the problem i have is that i've called him and sent emails without any reply, I'm just hoping he wont let me down cos i've spent alot of time and effort getting prepared ready for the bees coming, I'm gonna give hime til Wednesday and if still no reply then i'll just give it up as a bad job, unless there is anybody else who has a nuc that will be ready for the 15th.....

Yeah i know but he said he would call me a few days ago to arrange pick up but nothing, not even answering his phone or emails, just seems a bit strange

I've ordered some bees for Friday (15th) the chap is a respected person in the beekeeping fraternity but the problem i have is that i've called him and sent emails without any reply, I'm just hoping he wont let me down cos i've spent alot of time and effort getting prepared ready for the bees coming, I'm gonna give hime til Wednesday and if still no reply then i'll just give it up as a bad job, unless there is anybody else who has a nuc that will be ready for the 15th.....

Not from Epping Forest is he? :eek:

If he's a respected person in the beekeeping community most members of his local BKA will know him so go onto their website and contact the secretary, explaining your dilemma and ask for any help/suggestions. They may know his whereabouts.

Most of the guys in our beekeeping association , don't answer the mobile phones " I was out at the bees I left it in the front of the van " or I am out of range at the bee hives" are common statements . Most are semi retired , email is not top priority to them they may not even turn the computers on for the best part of the week and the younger guys are juggling work beekeeping & family life.
Knowing our gang I am not one bit surprised you are not getting an answer . I wouldn't give up on him
Most beekeeper have too much on their plates phone & email are nowhere near the topof the to do list.

All sorted, he's contacted me and explained that there had been a berevement in the family, and thats more important than me getting some bees ........

Latest posts

Back