Bees ON BBC

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just watched, that bbc bloke was asking for trouble, didn't zip his hood up, tut-tut.

Nice looking brood frame though, although would have thought it was a bit chilly at 0830 to be opening up

just watched, that bbc bloke was asking for trouble, didn't zip his hood up, tut-tut.

Nice looking brood frame though, although would have thought it was a bit chilly at 0830 to be opening up

Was thinking the same on both points.

would have thought it was a bit chilly at 0830 to be opening up
TV schedules wait for nothing and no-one (except sport when it runs into extra time).

I don't know how far they are away from North Dorset, but it's still a little chilly for my liking. As a newbie I really am not certain what the limits are but I'd be unwilling to open a hive right now.

I don't know how far they are away from North Dorset, but it's still a little chilly for my liking. As a newbie I really am not certain what the limits are but I'd be unwilling to open a hive right now.

It was N Somerset, sunny, but 0830 in May is going to be chilly anywhere in the UK

Do you hold your frames full of brood/honey horizontally?

Would any lights they used for broadcast help heat the area? Having said that, it worried me they were in no apparent hurry to get that frame back in the hive.

Didn't see it, but it was a staggering 10degrees as I drove in at 7.30.
Warmest morning so far

Latest posts

Back