bees not going in to super

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam C Ryan

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All , Put super and QE on national hive for the first time last Friday , checked hive today to find bees are not coming up through queen exclude r Is there some way I can entice the bees up ?.
Regards
Liam C.

What are the frames like in the super? If they are new, see if you can find an older well used one. Sometimes this helps.
Cazza

Yes, as per the last post, frames of foundation or drawn comb?

See thread elsewhere on this forum concerning a batch of defective queen excluders - gaps too narrow.

Take out the QE for a few days, bees go up, queen unlikely to however if she does it's not too much of an issue getting her back down again

I had this last year - for some reason they just wouldn't go through the QEx, removed if for a week then refitted it and they were in it no probs after that.

remover QE today hope it works. Im new to beekeeping so all my frames and hives are new , don,t have old or used frames to put into super as Cazza suggested might spray tomorrow with sugar syrup ,many thanks for the help.
Regards
Liam C.

Latest posts

Back