bees flying today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
couple
went up to put more fondant on amazed to see clouds of bees flying some amazingly bringing small bits of pollen (a lot of gorse v close by ) temp about 7/8 c just outside portsmouth

aye the bees are out in force today here too. But nothing comming. I see some dead bees been carried out though

ive heard 13 c christmas day compared to last year -13 c

Yep, mine going mental, real buss around all hives today.

even busy up here with pollen coming in!!

Just been down to check - 10 degrees and bees flying, but no pollen I could see.

one hive flying checked the other still clustered up lol lazy gits

these were mine 10mins ago in my garden.

same here - ten degrees and bees out in force on two hives, the nuc is a lot more sedate with the odd bee popping out for a look - they're the sensible ones I think as there doesn't seem to be anything coming in.

HI, three of the four hives are flying and busy, one hive is very quite not much activity three or four bees in and out:eek: where as others bees on face of hives should I be concerned as its our first winter. Air temp is 10deg. Thanks

HI, three of the four hives are flying and busy, one hive is very quite not much activity three or four bees in and out:eek: where as others bees on face of hives should I be concerned as its our first winter. Air temp is 10deg. Thanks

Bit like mine really - but I know the bees are fine in the quiet one they're probably just in a tight cluster and can't be bothered to go out so no point in worrying now - what's their stores situation?

12C in Stroud, a little more in my apiary which is quite sunny today. Both hives flat out, bringing in some yellow pollen and some vaguely off-white looking stuff. No idea what from; possibly some off-season spring bulbs, and/or some mahonia and Viburnum tinus. The latter is vast specimen at the sunny, sheltered end of the garden, and is much more popular this year than in the last two years. Possibly it's producing more due to the long mild spell. It's certainly flowering flat out.

Maybe the bees will have a "white" Xmas even if I don't - a sea of white Viburnum flowers!!

still winter up here (ice on puddles at lunch time), air temp a bit warmer. clusters must have broken up a bit cos one or two are clearing a few dead bees out. I saw one bee other than that no outside activity.

I suppose this means The Queen will be busy laying again :cuss:

At this rate it will be June before we have a long enough cold spell to do the OA treatment! :eek:

I suppose this means The Queen will be busy laying again :cuss:

At this rate it will be June before we have a long enough cold spell to do the OA treatment! :eek:

Damn didnt think of that!!! Bugger :leaving:

Hi, panic over just been back to have a look they are out in frce now must just bee lazy getting up !:pbee-smillie
Put them to bed for winter with double brood box hefted a week ago they where slightly lighter so used some.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back