bees at the workplace

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polomadh

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I work for a large employer and the office is currently located within a large expanse of land. My initial request to start my second apiary at work has been turned down.... red tape getting in the way. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any company that has allowed hives on site, and if they have used this in a positive way to promote the company or staff wel-being at all?

I think most businesses are likely to be reluctant due to perceived potential injury claim but that's not to say some won't say yes.
After an interesting couple of hours at one of our senior members apiary, I decided to drive the long way home to look at a disused farm yard that might be suitable for our assoc' apiary. Some loggers were working the wood next to it, asked if they knew who it belonged to? Replied "no ask the owner of this wood", point to a chap up the track.
After good chat he gave permission for us to use the 15 acre wood after they'd finished logging.
Now whether or not it's going to be suitable is another question, but surprising what you can pick up when out and about. I have more sites agreed to than I'll ever have hives to put on them, but then there's always next years intake?
Oh and the rent ..................... couple of jars of golden nectar.

Power Station Bees

I met someone recently who keeps bees at Didcot Power Station, sorry - don't remember her name tho!

Back