Beekeeping buddy wanted to share hives in South East London, Sydenham

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beewhisperer

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've got 2 beehives on an allotment in Sydenham, South East London. I've successfully been keeping bees there for 3 years now, but I still consider myself a beginner. The honey is very popular with the other people at the allotment.

I have a somewhat strange question. Is anybody interested in "sharing" my beehives? The idea would be that we share everything 50/50, but obviously the site is already established, so its only maintenance and new frames etc that is really needed. On the plus side, you would get equal access to any honey that we harvest.

Beginners or experts welcome. If it's a beginner, I can try my best to teach you my skills and then we can learn more together. If you are an expert, then I would love to learn techniques from you.

The reason Im looking to share is because Im finding that beekeeping as a hobby requires a non-zero time and money commitment, especially in the Summer. Don't get me wrong, I love beekeeping and I won't give it up if I can't find somebody to share, I just think that sharing the responsibility would be a nice idea and would give me the best of both. I'd enjoy the hobby more and be able to share the responsibility. Just an idea.

Does this sound interesting to you? Do you know anybody that this might interest, then please answer here or send me a private message.

Richard is right. I know LBKA members who might be interested - people who don't have gardens but are very interested in bees. pm sent.

Thanks. Yes, Im a member of the LBKA (although I don't think I've renewed yet.) Oops. :sorry:

I've got 2 beehives on an allotment in Sydenham, South East London. I've successfully been keeping bees there for 3 years now, but I still consider myself a beginner. The honey is very popular with the other people at the allotment.

I have a somewhat strange question. Is anybody interested in "sharing" my beehives? The idea would be that we share everything 50/50, but obviously the site is already established, so its only maintenance and new frames etc that is really needed. On the plus side, you would get equal access to any honey that we harvest.

Beginners or experts welcome. If it's a beginner, I can try my best to teach you my skills and then we can learn more together. If you are an expert, then I would love to learn techniques from you.

The reason Im looking to share is because Im finding that beekeeping as a hobby requires a non-zero time and money commitment, especially in the Summer. Don't get me wrong, I love beekeeping and I won't give it up if I can't find somebody to share, I just think that sharing the responsibility would be a nice idea and would give me the best of both. I'd enjoy the hobby more and be able to share the responsibility. Just an idea.

Does this sound interesting to you? Do you know anybody that this might interest, then please answer here or send me a private message.
Hi there whisperer, sparky bee here, I am completely interested to bee buddy , I have some hive experience , am also happy to learn and love this hobby and to nurture nature.. Please let's speak some more, I hope you are still interested, so , speak to me on Marc.headicar@btopenworld, I am proper down to earth gardener and nature lover.. I am happy to respond with sharing more about my experience and bee foundation and such .. I am real excited to see this post..any assistance to this goal is appreciated.. Thanks

Sparky bee. You are based in Sydenham? That would be perfect! Im definitely still interested if you are.

Hello,

I just came across your post for a bee buddy on the forum. I know it is quite old, but I just wanted to say hi and show my interest. I am looking to get involved with beekeeping but I dont really have the space for a hive. I thought the best approach might be to team up with a seasoned beekeeper and just help out once in a while. If you are still looking for some help please let me know. Thank you.

anthony

Back