Bee prints

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeFall

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
6 plus a few nucs
Hi,

My wife has been looking for some artwork for our newly decorated lounge/diner and would like to hang a series of three or four prints of bees, given my new found interest in them. She is not looking for photo-realistic images but rather sketch drawings or maybe watercolour. I know the type of thing she would like but it's a bit difficult to describe!

She's trawled a lot of the generic poster/print sites already and can't find anything she likes, does anyone have any ideas on where to look?

Thanks,
Nick.

Lois on the forum does watercolours, I believe - don't know if she does bees - might be worth PM'ing her?

It might be helpful if you could describe a style. Do you want cartoon type images, Victorian style naturalist pencil sketches/watercolours etc?

My friends wife is a brill artist and loves wild life painting she uses all different mediums depending on what the customer requires, let me know if you are interested and I will give you her phone number she might send you a few emails of what she does very bespoke work

If she joins Pinterest, there are lots and lots of ideas there, that is where I found the piece I use in my avatar. Also Etsy has a nice selection of interesting bee themed artwork very nice for framing.

I have seen some lovely things on Pinterest.

good luck, I hope she finds something wonderful!

She could always try Microsoft Word's (sorry for the free advertising!) Clip Art. If she doesn't like what she sees, they have a 'search online' option.

Thanks for the replies - I was a bit vague I know but there are some good ideas there. The style we are looking for could be something like the fish pictures we have, although now I've been looking at some of your suggestions things may change!

IMG_0810.JPG

Hi,

My wife has been looking for some artwork for our newly decorated lounge/diner and would like to hang a series of three or four prints of bees, given my new found interest in them. She is not looking for photo-realistic images but rather sketch drawings or maybe watercolour. I know the type of thing she would like but it's a bit difficult to describe!

She's trawled a lot of the generic poster/print sites already and can't find anything she likes, does anyone have any ideas on where to look?

Thanks,
Nick.

She might try down loading photo realistic images, then cartoonising them with a photo-edit program ?
VM

Thanks for the replies - I was a bit vague I know but there are some good ideas there. The style we are looking for could be something like the fish pictures we have, although now I've been looking at some of your suggestions things may change!

IMG_0810.JPG

Ha so a fisherman too

Try "folksy" or "etsy" .com . How about these...

folksy [dot] com/items/2569929-Bumble-Bees-Lino-Print

etsy [dot] com/search/handmade/art?search_query=bees&search_submit=&search_type=category&category=art

Big thanks for all your suggestions. I'll certainly let you know what we decide - so much choice now!

Nick

Latest posts

Back