bee poisoning

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all just to let you all know I told you about my bees been killed with some type of weed killer,

Denise,

Sorry about your loss but can you please edit this? it was confusing first time around - Permethrin is a common ingredient in insecticides / Pest killers used in a lot of garden sprays against aphids etc ....but it is definitely never used as a weed killer

congrats on going through with the lab analysis

richard

Last edited:
hi Richardbees at the time this happened I had just done a 14 hour night shift and saw all this milky looking liquid on top of hive I just presumed it was weed killer so sorry for the confusion but it was good stuff killed a load of my bees nearly back to normal now I hope
thanks denise

Denise, no need to apologise, I was just being pedantic......

....14 hr night shift? bleedin hell....but probably just another benefit of being in the EU

glad they're recovering,
richard

Hi Denise Sorry about the ignoramus killing your bees with insecticide. Have you thought of going around all the neighbours to see if anyone saw anything? Climbing the fence must have made some noise.
You need to be careful how you ask. So you could start by explaining what happened to your bees.They were killed by someone using insecticide. (provable) and you saw someone climbing over the neighbours fence. If you saw anyone did you see his face?(was he recognisable?)

Your neighbours might have seen something but be minding their own business.
If you make enquiries then the other neighbours will be alerted to the fact that you have bees but also to the possibility that their pets could be targeted next.
you could say which fence you saw someone climbing over but be careful not to name the person living there as the person you saw.
People who do this sort of thing are capable of other devious actions too.

hi Margaret it was 8.15am just got home from work I saw him climb over fence but did not see his face also I heard is garden gate slam shut then his back door don't think neighbour saw him at that time of morning but they would have been woken with the shouting I did lol if I could have got hold of him i would have been eating porridge now ,not seen or heard of him since.
thanks denise

he has done some of my fruit trees

If there's a pattern then it's really serious, IMO. I'll cost a little, so get them to slow track it for economy (and no silks) but a solicitor could get an injunction against "whom it may concern" that you could then post through doors; that would up the ante because contempt of court is a big deal and you can then get that direct from the court on the basis of eg CCTV footage next time.

hi got cctv now and way I exploded and jump up fence I don't think I will have anymore problems with him not been seen of since but I will get my own back in time if police don't do anything
denise

but I will get my own back in time if police don't do anything
denise[/QUOTE]

NO! It won't do any good to you....you have right on your side, the moral high ground as they say, stay up there!

:nono::nono: What stupid suggestion! !!!!!! Weedkiller in his water but. Are you people for real?????? Your no better than the guy who has just blatantly broken the law by killing the bees belonging to denies. And possibly slightly worse as you have just created a potential poisoning of anything or anyone drinking from that water butt. Let me give an example: grandkids! !.

Quicker to pour concentrate in but more subtle to use 2-4-D selective weedkiller ;-)

Or even better - in the middle of the night use a weedkiller spray to write a message on his lawn and wait for things to develop :D

Guys! Do you think Denises' nasty neighbour inhabits a forum of some kind, posts his grievance at having to live next door to thousands of frightening bees, and he gets lots of helpful posts how to sort the problem, one of which may have been, (stupidly) "spray the little blighters with pesticide and wait for things to develop? Come on!!

:nono::nono: What stupid suggestion! !!!!!! Weedkiller in his water but. Are you people for real?????? Your no better than the guy who has just blatantly broken the law by killing the bees belonging to denies. And possibly slightly worse as you have just created a potential poisoning of anything or anyone drinking from that water butt. Let me give an example: grandkids! !.

Really! that's a little over the Top! Humour is being used here, I f I suggest lobbing a grenade through his window, would you react the same?

bee poison

hi all thanks for all you ideas about getting my own back but will just see if police do something about it but I would love to do something to him and watch him suffer like I had to watch my bees suffer it was awfull watching them drop out of air and die. if police don't do anything I am sure there as=re other ways I can get to him legally
thanks denise

Hi ichbinpaul. Sorry if I have offended you with my reaction and for misinterpreting the comment of using weedkiller in a water butt, but if I could explain. As someone who has seen at first hand the stupidity and pure ignorance of man kind today I felt that the comments were justified in perhaps making those that saw the suggestion of tipping weedkiller into a water butt as quite an easy and affective method of revenge because they can by this from b&q. Fortunately b&q don't currently stock grenades at the moment. I regularly see people missuse chemicals and do things that have been suggested by people via forums. Only the other week I had to correct some one that setting light to a wasp nest in the door way to his flat wasn't such a good idea. After me and a housing officer had spoken with him it come to that he had been tolld by someone on a gardening forum that pest contollers were expensive and matches & petrol were much cheaper. I wonder if that was written in jest to. So once again my apologise for the over reaction.

Hi ichbinpaul. Sorry if I have offended you with my reaction and for misinterpreting the comment of using weedkiller in a water butt, but if I could explain. As someone who has seen at first hand the stupidity and pure ignorance of man kind today I felt that the comments were justified in perhaps making those that saw the suggestion of tipping weedkiller into a water butt as quite an easy and affective method of revenge because they can by this from b&q. Fortunately b&q don't currently stock grenades at the moment. I regularly see people missuse chemicals and do things that have been suggested by people via forums. Only the other week I had to correct some one that setting light to a wasp nest in the door way to his flat wasn't such a good idea. After me and a housing officer had spoken with him it come to that he had been tolld by someone on a gardening forum that pest contollers were expensive and matches & petrol were much cheaper. I wonder if that was written in jest to. So once again my apologise for the over reaction.

No need to apoligise whatsoever! your hearts in the right place, anyway do you want 9 second delay or 3 second, flashbang or shrapnel? :biggrinjester:

Latest posts

Back