Bee-keepers, what motivates you and why?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saaarawr

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi guys! I am an Industrial Product Design student from Coventry University, I am currently doing a research project into urban bee-keeping as well as bee-keeping in general. If anyone would like to share with me you're experiences on you're bee-keeping it would be really helpful, here are some ball-park questions if it would help:)
It is aimed at bee-keepers - Who does it, why and where do you keep them. If you could explain to me your experiences so I can have an informed critique over what it takes to be a bee-keeper, I will be most grateful :)

If anyone has any opinions on urban bee-keeping - rooftop gardens and such please share?

Whether you think it is a good idea or not - will the bee's be harmed in such an environment

Link:
REMOVED BY ADMIN.
Reason: BAD NETIQUETTE
Thank you all!

P.s. PM me if you wish if you have any further comments about your experiences :) Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping if anyone could give me some insight into the problems you may have been suffering from our bee's becoming lost, suffering from disease and so forth.

Also what types of hives do you use, and the advantages and disadvantages you have found from materials, construction - for example the beehive falling over in winter or breaking due to the build being fault, also the user relationship - easy or difficult to lift?

Just to make sure it is understood, I have no intention of redesigning bee-keeping, but as a student to understand the issues surrounding bee's and bee-keeping and how new design could be used to address these problems. Purely academic!

Go on only nine posts to do and then you can link away:) Your edit should have been a 2nd post.

You are not alone in asking similar questions when you can I will be very happy to do your survey

I took up beekeeping when I was at school, and am back into it after several years. I will be delighted to do your survey.

BAD NETIQETTE ?
Is that some kind of internet speak Mark? The survey seemed ok to me and very similar to what has been asked on the forum in the past. Dont think the OP intended to cause any problems.

Just to make sure it is understood, I have no intention of redesigning bee-keeping, but as a student to understand the issues surrounding bee's and bee-keeping and how new design could be used to address these problems. Purely academic!
such lack of ambition in the young.... :)

where is the spiriit of 1956, 1968, 1990?

Last edited:
What is bad nettiquet ? :confused:

(either someone has just made that up or I really haven't been paying attention since the day I learnt to code on an IBM 360 using punched cards)

I really haven't been paying attention since the day I learnt to code on an IBM 360 using punched cards

But did you make your S360 cards with some namby pamby machine or did you punch them out like a man with your eye teeth? ;)

But did you make your S360 cards with some namby pamby machine or did you punch them out like a man with your eye teeth? ;)

I punched them like a wuss.

Latest posts

Back