bee hoover heads up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it come with a one mile cable so I can reach my apiary?

I bought 1 from lidls, for £14

then I had a wooden 1 made....

I bought 1 from lidls, for £14

This is rather different to the AshVacs that Lidl & Aldi have previously offered.

The old ones were just a chamber to which you attached your vacuum of choice - and had the opportunity to bleed in some air (if your vacuum has such a valve in the hose handle) thereby controlling the amount of 'suck' that the bees experience.
However, the new one has its own motor - so you don't have the simple means of varying the 'sucking power'.

And I'll bet that the new one still has a corrugated inside to its suction hose - which isn't ideal for bees flowing without damage.

I'm not going to seeking out this particular Aldi 'bargin' …

I also bought the aldi one without a motor, as we have a log burner at home, I may chance my arm at this new one and have a play with it, a portable generator that I have will mean it could be used anywhere, they normally have a way of controlling the suction, but if not, that's an easy fix, the corrugated hose could easily be swapped or even lined,

if it's the same diameter as the last one, then those water cooler bottles that I see in my work, fit nice a snug inside, with a bit of "blue peter" work on it, Im sure it will work, I'll give it a go and post results

so, I picked one, a nice powerful little hoover, but having watched a few clips on you tube, I'll just use this as a hoover connecting to a bee box, rather than sucking bees into the drum

Latest posts

Back