Heads up. Aldi ass vacs back!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
7 + 3 nuc
For those interested in a swarm vac, Aldi will be selling their Ash Vac 5th Sept £17.99

W3613_PD_Thursday_30.jpg

Sorry about title!

Last edited:
I was curious as to what's an ass vac was lol

Craig

Has this one a motor... or is it just an empty vessel !!

Its an empty vessel that makes no noise at all, until you add an entire vacuum cleaner to it.

The product is a metal chamber for collecting stuff that you don't want to get into the actual vacuum cleaner itself - like still-hot ash from your fire (or bees)

Its an empty vessel that makes no noise at all, until you add an entire vacuum cleaner to it.

The product is a metal chamber for collecting stuff that you don't want to get into the actual vacuum cleaner itself - like still-hot ash from your fire (or bees)

They are brilliant for the workshop ... Put a Henry vacumn cleaner on the end of it and it saves emptying the Henry every five minutes and the Henry bag works as a dust filter without getting blocked up.

I bought one from an earlier post on another thread for £10 SWMBO calls it the tardis in the downstairs cloakroom.

I'm also on a tortoise forum, people on there use these for cleaning out their tortoise tables. Amazing how many uses things have.

I'm also on a tortoise forum, people on there use these for cleaning out their tortoise tables. Amazing how many uses things have.

OK, I'll bite.

I never even knew that such a thing as a "tortoise table" existed.
Let alone that it would need vacuuming ...

OK, I'll bite.

I never even knew that such a thing as a "tortoise table" existed.
Let alone that it would need vacuuming ...

Nor did I before I get a tortoise. All it is a deep tray that the tortoise lives in, apparently it's healthier than a vivarium. The recommended substrate for torts is 50/50 sand and top soil, so the vac is good for hovering it all up.

Sorry no more exciting than that.

I have to put this in the what have you learnt this year thread
:icon_204-2:

I have one of these vacs for the Rayburn, never thought you could vacuum bees with it let alone tortoises.

yep got it last month, still in box at the moment.

I have to put this in the what have you learnt this year thread
:icon_204-2:

I have one of these vacs for the Rayburn, never thought you could vacuum bees with it let alone tortoises.

You will need a bigger tube to suck up tortoises though lol

I wish there was a like button in this forum

Latest posts

Back