Bee farmers membership

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
Hi all

I'm considering joining the BFA but the cost is quite high for me and was wondering if the benefits are worth it.

could I chat to someone who is a member to see if it is.

cheers
doug

I think it is worth the cost, welcome to give me a call, Doug.

one of the best decisions I have made is joining as the number of contacts I have made that have been beneficial to my business far exceeds the cost of membership. Remember also that membership is a business cost so deductible and the VAT comes back, this makes for a very cheap insurance package.

I joined as a very small producer (20 hives) as an associate which helped, I feel that maybe it was a mistake finishing this way in, I have increased by fifty each year since joining by being able to source quality used equipment from other larger outfits.

Regional meetings and open days are invaluable along with special deals on new equipment.

I will be on 07494456006 on Saturday if you would like to talk.

Cheers

John

I joined last year and think it has been worthwhile, despite not making full use of every opportunity offered. The discount on jars alone covers most of the cost of membership, followed by discounts on equipment that is going to put me well into a + balance.

Would any one be prepared to sponsor my membership of the BFA. I would like to join but need two members to sponsor me.

cheers
doug

Hi there, you do not need two current members to 'sponsor' your application - this was changed a few years back. You will need to be able to demonstrate you are operating a bee farming or related business. See the BFA website for current eligibility criteria and details of how to apply.

Latest posts

Back