be careful !!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stilllearning

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
just a quick note , got a coat out the shed today as its now getting a bit more nippy and a queen wasp fell out, shook the coat and another one dropped to the floor, its about the time of year especially after the warm weather they are begginning to think about places to hibernate, have found quite a few in the past in amongst cabbage leaves. not a nice sting (if there is such a thing as a good one :) )

Found 3 in my BEDROOM at the weekend. I reckon they came in to keep the enormous spiders company:eek:

Similar experience on the weekend, picked up a pair of gloves and decided to give them a quick shake. Out popped queen wasp.

hornets too!

like the other posters we have had a flux on queen wasps but unlike last year we have had at least 6 hornets around in the late evenings. i have managed to squash most of them but i certainly don't want them coming in the house!

oddly i have seen hardly any in the summer.

i can't tell if these are queens or not but if they were workers why would they out of the hive in near darkness and attracted to our house?

mark

Yup - 'sbad this year. Found a queen wasp under the duvet on my bed yesterday. That'll teach me to leave the windows open!

Worker hornets hunt at night as well as by day and are attracted by light.

A while ago I had just had a shower and with a towel round my middle opened the bathroom window to let the steam out and was promptly joined by about a dozen hornets:willy_nilly: - I set a new world record for exiting a bathroom:D

Worker hornets hunt at night as well as by day and are attracted by light.

A while ago I had just had a shower and with a towel round my middle opened the bathroom window to let the steam out and was promptly joined by about a dozen hornets:willy_nilly: - I set a new world record for exiting a bathroom:D

I did a wasp nest a few weeks ago above a bathroom window, they were going to leave it but the daughter left the bathroom light on with the window open, later that evening the guy went for a pee to find he was sharing the bathroom with a couple of thousand wasps.

apparently that was the last straw.

Latest posts

Back