Bbka convention 2016

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry111

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello all,
Has anyone any information regarding workshops for the Harper Adams Convention 2016. I understood that the courses were bookable from today but no information is up yet. :thanks:

Thanks Jenkins, i thought it must be me! I'm looking to book up (going by last years programme) up close - insect photography, skep making & a microscopy workshop with a friend. Has anyone done any of these workshops?

Ok, so we can now book tickets to workshops, but the full programme isn't available, so you can't see what you're buying into. Some of the workshops have as few as 4 places.

Anyhow, Kaz and I are booked into things we fancy.

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/britishbeekeepersassociation

Dusty.

at long last, the events schedule is up - booked the ones that look worth going to - apart from one as they are asking a heck of a lot too much for it.
Not much that really grabs me this year unlike in the past

Am I correct in thinking prices for the courses have increased considerably?

I looked at this and have enjoyed past events, but this year I've booked myself onto a weekend queen raising course. Seems better value.

Very frustrating not to have any details for the workshops. Also, can't see lectures, only the things requiring tickets. I've referred to last years booklet and put myself and a friend down for the photography. I'd like to do a microscopy workshop but there's no info and they are too expensive to get the wrong one! I might use the money I would have spent on getting "stuff" instead!

if you go to the BBKS homepage then click on the convention portal it will take you to the oage which now gives details of all the lectures and workshops. It is a shambles this yer though - the only two talks really worth going to on the member's day are both on at the same time! and are not repeated the day after

Hi Guys

Might well end up going myself but dissapointed, as JB, some of the interesting talks such as " beekeeping as a profitable sideline "

Bit off topic but thinking of taking up on the Overseas membership if... the monthly mag they send is any good.. is it ? Good informative interested articles ? Well illustrated ?... Worth it ?

I disagree. I think the BBKA news is well worth reading but as a regular contributor of articles and photos I am, of course, biased (but there again JBM is biased in the other direction. Not sure why a beekeeper in Wales hates the BBKA so much or is it just an anti-English thing?). Is there a welsh BKA magazine and is it that any better ?

I disagree. I think the BBKA news is well worth reading but as a regular contributor of articles and photos I am, of course, biased (but there again JBM is biased in the other direction. Not sure why a beekeeper in Wales hates the BBKA so much or is it just an anti-English thing?). Is there a welsh BKA magazine and is it that any better ?

Think it's more of a general dislike of the BBKA that runs through this forum and probably goes back to how and when this forum was started.

Personally if someone had a dislike of an organisation the last thing they would want to do is get all excited and go to their big convention.

if someone had a dislike of an organisation the last thing they would want to do is get all excited and go to their big convention.
The convention is a good chance to hear guest speakers from other countries and learn what is happening in the real world,mooch around a few trade stands and meet old acquaintances and sit back, tea in hand people watching (I do have a chuckle at the pomposity that seems to prevail) nothing more but seeing the lacklustre schedule and the disarray this year I doubt I will get excited the next year unless it gets any better and may look instead at Beetradex. I think the highlight of my weekend will be meeting fellow forumites for coffee Friday lunchtime and any other time if I get the call.

[QUOTE meet old acquaintances and sit back, tea in hand people watching .[/QUOTE]

I can relate to that

Where is this available / emanate from ?

Bee Farmer is the journal of the Bee Farmers’ Association and is the only United Kingdom (UK) journal focused solely on the interests of those involved in professional beekeeping.

The emphasis of the publication is on practical issues relating to all aspects of commercial activity. Detailed articles are invited for consideration across a wide spectrum of relevant topics. Other material for publication in the form of letters, reviews, photographs, etc, is also welcomed.

From here......http://beefarmers.co.uk/bee-farmer-journal/

Bee Farmer is the journal of the Bee Farmers’ Association and is the only United Kingdom (UK) journal focused solely on the interests of those involved in professional beekeeping.

The emphasis of the publication is on practical issues relating to all aspects of commercial activity. Detailed articles are invited for consideration across a wide spectrum of relevant topics. Other material for publication in the form of letters, reviews, photographs, etc, is also welcomed.

From here......http://beefarmers.co.uk/bee-farmer-journal/

Wot - no matchsticks!?

Latest posts

Back