Automatic Gearbox.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other thing that SHOULD be an offence is the use of rear fog lights when there is no blasted fog ... what is it with people
Thats because they saw a sign that said "Fog"

Do we need to be told when there is fog?

Thats because they saw a sign that said "Fog"

Do we need to be told when there is fog?

No ... but that's nothing ... one of the signs on the M27 South coast motorway a month or so ago was announcing that there were delays on the M62 ! (Transpennine motorway only about 270 miles away !)..... and they are usually telling me not to drink and drive ... normally at around 8.00am in the morning - well, I suppose it's targetted at hard core alcoholics !!

Best one I have seen was in Spain... "End of Tunnel""

any why "This sign is not working"

If it was switched off we'd not need to be told.

and they are usually telling me not to drink and drive .
if you have a drinking problem you might spill it.

I don't know why you all whinge.

I enter motorways from offramps and everyone makes way for me. Some practise their emergency stops - which is what the Highway Code recommends.

I drive along motorways in the central lane at 55mph. It stops lorries passing me and rocking the car. (My wife gets carsick)

I always queue in carparks in the centre of the lane whilst waiting for someone to exit so I can park and save walking 10 meters. The cars behind me wait patiently for me to park.

Everyone is always friendly : they flash their lights in greeting and wave at me with their fingers.. Some even wind down their windows and try to talk to me - I am a little deaf so can't hear what they are saying.

What's wrong with that? :paparazzi:

Last edited:
We aren't whinging.

Just saying that everybody else except us is doing it wrong..
No debate. Dont answer questions.. We are right. Theres loads of research about it.

:nono: @madasafish .... SO .... it'e YOU !!!

You weren't the one last year driving the wrong way down the other side of the M27 motorway in the middle lane against the oncoming traffic whilst a police car was driving along on the other side of the motorway in the outside lane trying to get them to stop ??

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

:nono: @madasafish .... SO .... it'e YOU !!!

You weren't the one last year driving the wrong way down the other side of the M27 motorway in the middle lane against the oncoming traffic whilst a police car was driving along on the other side of the motorway in the outside lane trying to get them to stop ??

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

No

I'm the one in an artic who follows a satnav up country lanes into ploughed fields...

and of course its the proper thing when approaching a roundabout to use the right turn indicator.... because you arent going left..... but straight over...

No

I'm the one in an artic who follows a satnav up country lanes into ploughed fields...

I can empathise with that ... went to Asda Newcastle under Lyme to do a survey ... Darned GPS took me to the middle of a housing estate, no sign of an Asda ... asked a bloke in a bungalow where it was ... told me, at the bottom of his garden but 5 miles away by road off the A500 ! Doh..... Postcode areas !!

Never, always use the right.

You should put it into park and handbrake on if stopped for more than a few seconds
A few seconds... Why?

Park stop the car from moving so why use the handbrake as well?

And what about the morons who don't realise that the instruction to give way to the right to cars at a roundabout ONLY applies to vehicles on the roundabout - and not approaching one but in fact they must give way to the left if that car crosses the white lines first.

Last edited:
And what about the morons who don't realise that the instruction to give way to the left to cars at a roundabout ONLY applies to vehicles on the roundabout - and not approaching one but in fact they must give way to the right if that car crosses the white lines first.

Yep.. Give way to vehicles "coming from the right" not those that are about to.

4 vehicles sitting at a roundabout.. which one can pull away first?

How many motorists know that pedestrians have the right of way at a road junction. That is, one where a side road joins a main road.

If cyclists want to go fast and find the need to race cars thro the traffic,, they should get a motorbike.

How many motorists know that pedestrians have the right of way at a road junction. That is, one where a side road joins a main road.

If cyclists want to go fast and find the need to race cars thro the traffic,, they should get a motorbike.

That is often the case in Germany when you are passing a small side road the person using it (the side road) has the right of way !!

Pargyle said "Other thing that SHOULD be an offence is the use of rear fog lights-when there is no blasted fog

It is, I think. Only permitted when visibility is less than 100m, I believe. Dipped headlamps (not fog lamps) are also obligatory when visibility is less than 100m, and in falling snow.

Travelling at 70mph with fog lamps on? They must be (insert the missing word) s.

And again, roundabouts were designed to speed up traffic flow. Do we need those (space)s that stop at the give way lines (no 'stop' lines at roundabouts - I wonder why) irrespective of whether traffic is approaching from the right or not?

RAB

And again, roundabouts were designed to speed up traffic flow. Do we need those (space)s that stop at the give way lines (no 'stop' lines at roundabouts - I wonder why) irrespective of whether traffic is approaching from the right or not?

RAB

Exactly - so if the roundabout is clear you enter it, not wait for the person on your right to decide to go or not - when there is a vehicle on the roundabout then common sense would say you then give way (whether to the right or left) otherwise just scrap all traffic laws and pretend we're in France or India.
Had a 'moment' on the way home last night - I entered a clear roundabout properly then some dozy mare to the right decided to storm in (even though it's a tad hard to miss a hulking big jeep cherokee) then slam her brakes on and lean on her horn, I decided my high horse needed some exercise so wound down the window and told her it was my road 'where did you learn your highway code' was her retort ' Devizes Traffic Police Driver Training school' was my reply. I then drove home

Driving up A17 one night in daylight. very little traffic. The bit that bypasses Holbeach quite wide with a couple of small islands in middle of road.
2 cars in front doing about 40. The one in front of me gave a flash on indicator as an OK for me to pass but I know that road and knew that I needed to wait until the island. A car comes up beshind me . VERY close. Dangerous close. I guesses he also wanted to get past so as soon as I reached the island I indicated, pulled put and drove down middle of road. The car behind got in a mess because when he pulled out as soon as he saw me indicate and pulled out and nearly hit the central island. Then I get flashing lights and siren from the car.
I kept driving. He lept pulling out flashing headlights. I turned off at the next roundabout and pulled over. He came to the van and asked why I didnt stop. I said I had. Why didnt you stop when I used the siren? because I didnt want to. Why? A siren and flashing light doesnt mean a police car, and I couldnt see who was driving. I was driving to a safe place.
I'm not impressed with your driving.. Why? You pulled out and drove down the other side of the road making the car coming the other way take avoiding action. No I didnt. my nearside wheels were still on my side of the road and if the other car was anywhere near me then he was not correctly positioned on his side of the road. You drove on the cross hatching in the middle of the road....... So?........ Its an offence......... Only if I crossed a solid white line and I didnt. Anything else, because with respect, I probably have twice the driving experience that you have and been driving up and down this road since before you were born..... I'm a police driver.....I have a video recording of the incident... Good. Please dont erase it because I would like your chief constable to ask you if you found out who the prick was who was driving up my ****ing exhaust pipe... Goodnight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back