Areboss honey extractor.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very similar to most tangential extractors in this price range. The mechanism does look more substantial than the one I bought from Simon the Beekeeper 6 years ago.

One thing I found is that these are made in China and cater for a global market that uses mainly Langstroth frames. The longer lugs on national frames may drag in the honey before it drains out. I had to attach spacers on mine to raise the frames as the cage was fixed to the shaft and not adjustable.

Looks very similar to most tangential extractors in this price range. The mechanism does look more substantial than the one I bought from Simon the Beekeeper 6 years ago.

One thing I found is that these are made in China and cater for a global market that uses mainly Langstroth frames. The longer lugs on national frames may drag in the honey before it drains out. I had to attach spacers on mine to raise the frames as the cage was fixed to the shaft and not adjustable.
I Know this was back in may but any chance of posting a pic of the spacers you made please ?

I have one and found it generally excellent for the price.

But why buy it there when it's cheaper direct?

Like all extractors, it could be improved and I've modified mine, for example to take 8 super frames.

Latest posts

Back