Après ça, le déluge

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
An absolute beast of a thunderstorm has just passed through. It started with about fifteen minutes of non-stop thunder and then the heavens opened. And didn't they just? I tried to get to Wellington to swim and then coach tonight's triathlon session, but had to turn back before I'd gone a couple of miles because the road was flooded too deep for me to care to try to make it through. I tried a different route but there was so much mud and large stones washed across the road I'd probably have wrecked the wheels.

The lightning also took out my ADSL router. Completely. It won't even power on now. Fortunately I had a very old spare. Time to order a new one...

James

An absolute beast of a thunderstorm has just passed through. It started with about fifteen minutes of non-stop thunder and then the heavens opened. And didn't they just? I tried to get to Wellington to swim and then coach tonight's triathlon session, but had to turn back before I'd gone a couple of miles because the road was flooded too deep for me to care to try to make it through. I tried a different route but there was so much mud and large stones washed across the road I'd probably have wrecked the wheels.

The lightning also took out my ADSL router. Completely. It won't even power on now. Fortunately I had a very old spare. Time to order a new one...

James
We wish, nothing nine miles away! Can you bottle some for us?

Once had lightening take out my whole computer and answer phone. Claimed on house insurance!

We wish, nothing nine miles away! Can you bottle some for us?

It'll be heading your way in a tidal wave down the Tone right now :D I bet almost none of it actually sank into the ground. Not judging by how much was streaming across the roads, anyhow. I'd already driven though at least four places that the road was totally submerged before I even got to the flood where I chickened out.

James

Oh er missus! Nothing here except large cracks in the soil just waiting for rain.

It'll be heading your way in a tidal wave down the Tone right now :D I bet almost none of it actually sank into the ground. Not judging by how much was streaming across the roads, anyhow. I'd already driven though at least four places that the road was totally submerged before I even got to the flood where I chickened out.

James
Must go down to the river and have a look, I could surf down to the Parrett 🏄‍♂️

Rumble rumble in the distance. That’s all here.
been like that all afternoon rumblings in the distance - bees were all subdued and not flying all morning, light rain from 1100 until 1300, dog is tucked under the desk, the closest we've got to a storm is the wind picked up for a minute earlier

Not even a rumble in the jungle in these parts. Plumbed our well today: 50 cm water cf 250 cm when at its height.

Not even a rumble in the jungle in these parts. Plumbed our well today: 50 cm water cf 250 cm when at its height.
Ours was down to the last meter, we have four meters at its highest but it can run for an hour and only go down 30cm! 12 meters deep. It must be a huge reservoir down there! Couldn't be without the pump. Saves us a fortune!

Latest posts

Back