Apiary cage/frame?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stehaggan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi,

I am looking at starting beekeeping and am planning on where to have them etc and have a course booked. Last year at gardeners world live we watched the british beekeeping association and they had the hive behind a mesh frame, i would like my bees in a frame like this rather than making fence panels around it as my bees will be on my allotment.

could anyone help me if they know where to buy these frames? I can't seem to find any and the only thing i can think of is to buy a fruit cage and replace the mesh with bee netting so if that is the way to do it, does anyone know the size the holes need to be in the bee netting to be able to see through it but not allow the bees to fly through so that they fly out the top.

many thanks

stephen

I don’t know of the program you refer to but I have used salvaged (perfect for allotments) the green mesh often used on building sites and scaffolding.

All you need to do is construct a frame and fix the mesh to the frame, you can see through it ok and the bees will avoid it.

Back