Any Beekeepers near SW16 South London willing to sell some fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie19

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I've decided to put some fondant in my two hives just as an insurance policy. Been going around Streatham asking all the bakers if they have any fondant for sale. No luck unfortunately and I've read that the Tesco stuff us no good for the bees. Are there any beekeepers near SW16 willing to sell me 2kg of fondant. Would be a great help.

Thanks

I've decided to put some fondant in my two hives just as an insurance policy. Been going around Streatham asking all the bakers if they have any fondant for sale. No luck unfortunately and I've read that the Tesco stuff us no good for the bees. Are there any beekeepers near SW16 willing to sell me 2kg of fondant. Would be a great help.

Thanks

I'd suggest you google Simon the Beekeeper. He usually dispatches same day and it arrives next days post. For a small quantity it's handy in plastic tubs which you can reuse at leisure.

Thanks

1/ "The Tesco stuff" (plain white fondant ready-to-roll icing) is absolutely fine for the bees. Per kilo its expensive, but its cheaper than buying a big box if you don't want much.

2/ Bakers never "have fondant for sale".
Friendly ones, asked nicely, will usually be happy to order in an extra box for you to pick up after they get their next order delivered.
Again, its "plain white" you want - even though Bako have tried to sell 'special' bee fondant.
Ask to speak to the owner - you are looking for an independent down-market cake-maker. A "sticky bun" shop. They have owners, not managers!
The 12.5kg box (and you'd be getting a whole one) could set you back anything from £10 to £15.

Thanks

If you happen to be near Purley at all I'm happy to exchange 2kg of fondant for two shiny pound coins. I've got a 12.5kg box which I've barely made a dent in!

Thanks

There is a bako near you in Merton 12.5kg for about £9.
They will allow collection.

There is a bako near you in Merton 12.5kg for about £9.
They will allow collection.

Great idea! Cut out the middleman!
And good to know that they will deal with individual beekeepers in person, rather than account holders only.

Latest posts

Back