Animal Human Embryonic Hybrids in UK Labs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VM"
" DM reader Doc ? It's my daily shot of adrenaline"

yes - very good for angering up the blood!!! and excellent for people who like picking fault in poor journalism, writing, editing and proofreading.

Roche (no vested interest there????):

That Albert Bartlett is a busy man - what with his Rooster, Purple Majesty and Apache potato business and now thoughts on population dynamics (although perhaps not so surprising - celtic potatoes and population dynamics have history after all.

IMO, at the heart of this debate is the question of ethics and accountability.
People of a religious persuasion will almost always be against this type of research, but most of the rest of society (in general terms) will be in favour of most types of scientific research as long as it is clearly and honestly explained to them and that they understand who is accountable for the process. And therein lies the problem - as others have mentioned, history is punctuated with examples of scientists only being accountable to themselves. Sometimes this leads to great innovation, other times to disaster. And it is this perceived lack of accountability that fuels the public fear of stem cell research etc.

Who is to blame for the lack of clarity and the fear-mongering?
That's an easy answer:)

Errr, do you mean stem cell research?

To be honest, no. ;);););)

As behive1234 says, in using stem cells to grow organs etc, I think that we are taking our scientific knowledge too far, and are meddling in things that are not ours to be meddled with!

Ben P

Although to be fair, that's what they used to say when burning old women who new that thyme was good for sore throats :rolleyes:

The Daily Mail is also wonderfully inconsistent -... - i'm amazed they manage to procreate!!!!

You'll have to run that past me again :)
I have a vague and distant memory of how this is accomplished :D

VM

Its from the greek pro (in favour of) and create (make a big fuss about soemthing). Basically, a description of the Daily mail's position. ;)

Latest posts

Back