Animal Human Embryonic Hybrids in UK Labs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storm™

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I find any research which involves the destruction of embryos utterly immoral, but this takes it to a completely new level!

Why don't scientist know when to stop?

Ben P

Last edited:
"I find any research which involves the destruction of embryos utterly immoral"

does that mean you are happy with any research that involves just the creation part????

seriously - the reason why this work is necessary is precisely because of the public outrage about the use of human embryos/embryonic stem cells. One can to some extent understand that although less dedicated pro-lifers (i won't use the word fanatical) could perhaps ponder on the fact that it must be better to "use" spare embryos for good rather than bin them. However since the court of public opinion seems dead set against using human material the only practical alternative is to use animal embryos/ESCs in which to perform nuclear transfer (oh no i've raised another no-no - nuclear) from human somatic cells and thus generate both "humanised" and potentially "personalised" stem cells/tissue for research and/or transplanting.

how many of those who are against such work would hesitate to accept a porcine heart valve if their life depended upon it?

of course it helps that those of a certain 2k year old persuasion don't think animals have souls so that's ok then!!!!

Have not seen any evidence for "soul" gene in DNA............... yet!

Is it all on the spin of the electron or is this something [COLOR="DarkGreen"[B]]DEEP GREEN[/B][/COLOR]... even [B][I]Theological[/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR="Purple"]
. I WONDER !![/COLOR][/I][/B]

Last edited:
Experimenting on humans has a long and at times distasteful history..

All those against can go and contact smallpox or read the history of how the vaccine was discovered.

Whats smallpox's address ?

I always play a game of 'guess what the story really is' when reading the Daily Mail. Usually dividing by 3 gets you somewhere near. They rely on people feeling shocked to sell papers.

Daily Mail 1938 - "The way stateless Jews from Germany are pouring in from every port of this country is becoming an outrage."

The Daily Mail is also wonderfully inconsistent - apparently you "contract" cancer - except for cervical cancer of course (one of the few with near 100% correlation with infectious agent ie HPV)!!! Because we can't have our delicate prudish readers accused of promiscuity etc etc when abnormalities found on smear screening. whiter than white (no pun intended) our readership - i'm amazed they manage to procreate!!!!

Man has an overwhelming desire to upstage his creator. ;)
Man might just manage to deliver, 'life for everyone' and extend it too, whilst he developes plants for all the extra mouths he needs to feed.
Some - of which he omits even today.
We are so far removed from the natural order of things. In such a short time, we are in chaos. Perhaps my elders thought the same 1000 yrs ago. Perhaps by mutilating perfection, we can all, gain the power, to live forever.
The truth is, we all die.
Life is a journey, enjoy the ride:cheers2:

On the bright side, British jobs for British workers!

And at least some people are doing a worth wile degree!

does that mean you are happy with any research that involves just the creation part????

Errr, do you mean stem cell research?

To be honest, no. ;);););)

As behive1234 says, in using stem cells to grow organs etc, I think that we are taking our scientific knowledge too far, and are meddling in things that are not ours to be meddled with!

Ben P

meddling in things that are not ours to be meddled with!

Ben P

Who the hell do we "belong to" then, if our own health is not ours to meddle with?

Not interested in sky fairies/spagghetti monsters/fat men in lotus positions/any other unspecified deity, but I am intersted in the contention that someone/thing else owns the intellectual property rights to us!

Who the hell do we "belong to" then, if our own health is not ours to meddle with?

Not interested in sky fairies/spagghetti monsters/fat men in lotus positions/any other unspecified deity, but I am intersted in the contention that someone/thing else owns the intellectual property rights to us!

Worry not !
We have all been infected with a sexually transmitted terminal disease!
It's called LIFE

VM
PS DM reader Doc :)? It's my daily shot of adrenaline :sifone:

On the bright side, British jobs for British workers!

And at least some people are doing a worth wile degree!
One of my grandsons got a 2-1 in finance and accounting @ Bangor University 2009.
He is still employed at Argos as indeed he was though out his degree course, both in Bangor during term time and in Wigan during hols , no gap year !!.
Worthwhile degree ? Try telling him !
The swat got swotted :toetap05:

VM

This debate reminds me of the comments made about Evolution theory and some of them are about as grounded in fact as many of Darwin's critics..

If you don't believe in genetic research then obviously you can't support heart or liver transplants or blood transfusions or most modern operations as many are based on the outcome of genetic research.. Most innoculations are based on genetics..

Latest posts

Back