An inspector calls

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our inspector called today. Blooming good job too, he found charged and capped QC's in the hive we AS'd 7 weeks ago. I see him out and about quite regularly and he's always got time to chat. Hopefully we did the right thing and stuck the QC's in the nucleus which had made an emergency QC on the test frame. Time will tell.

I rest my case

Busy Bee

I'm not sure what case you're resting. The results of your tests are available for you to see yourself, password protected. The results are also compiled on an anonymised basis so they know who to warn of disease in an area.

Agg but your now in the system whether you like it or not Busy Wee Government Bee collating and storing ALLl the information and they can use it against you if they wish.

A nice BIG database of all the bee keepers names addressess hive numbers treatments etc etc etc...

If the Bee Inspector is there solely to help you, surely he should not feel the need to store your credentials on a database and should he come accross disease maybe at this point he could publish and store details. Why does he want everyones credentials...mmmmm, suspicious I tell, governments do not keep records for no good reason.

Busy Bee

My inspector didnt ask about my credentials, although he did ask if i was a new bee keeper, if i was near osr and moved my bees about and what if any treatment they get. all very approapriate questions, in my opinion.

i myself feel that such information is essential if we are to try to get a handle on some of the problems we have to deal with. Or we could just ignore then and hope they go away.

Buzz

Latest posts

Back