About bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddyh

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Hello to all from france,just starting our on the road to bee keeping,got myself a couple of nucs for my dadants and things look good.Hope to share experiences with fellow bee keepers along the way.

Welcome to the forum. It is a very absorbing hobby.

Good tip for a newbee.

Buy some more equipment.

welcome on board. another bit of advice - get some apis tablets ready!! work a treat for me with stings! you know you have the bug when Feb/March comes and you are getting impatient to get your first sting of the season!

yep, wine for you ice cube for sting..
Welcome- don't buy too much equipment till you see what you will need... Don't get thick gloves, do get extra hive tools- they seem to grow legs and walk. Full length suit best. Have a great time with your bees. They will change your life... no time for summer holidays now!! Winter skiing instead :sunning:

Welcome - we all take the tablets and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't but we are all still addicted!! :D Welcome, have fun and don't take it to heart when you have no **** idea what the bees are doing ;)

first butchers

Thanks for your welcome,did my first inspection today,it all looks good but could not see the queens,but there was plenty of brood and larvae so not too concerned.I only put the nucs in the dadants about a week ago so they've not started drawing out the other 5 frames yet,do you think its worth putting some dummy boards in till they get going?

Not in this weather, well it's hot here anyway, spotting the queen is a bit of an art, try and get them marked for you!

Hello over there and fingers crossed for your récolte de miel :)

Thanks for your welcome,did my first inspection today,it all looks good but could not see the queens,but there was plenty of brood and larvae so not too concerned.I only put the nucs in the dadants about a week ago so they've not started drawing out the other 5 frames yet,do you think its worth putting some dummy boards in till they get going?

Well done anyway ... if there's eggs there's a queen usually - I've NEVER managed to see my queen - she must hear me coming and do a disappearing act !! As for dummy boards - you'll get at least three different answers but mine is that I leave a couple of frames for them to work - one either side of the brood and dummy down to there. Less space for them to keep warm although with the temperature here at present I doubt it's a problem !

Latest posts

Back