Abelo 12 frame metal roof

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi, looking to bombproof my Abelo 12-framers as the wear and tear and ratchets straps I favour take their toll. Have already added metal roofs to my Payne's nucs to prolong their lifespan and enable me to put a smoker on top; has anyone come across metal roofs (just the actual metal) that fit the 12 frame Abelo National Poly hive? Thanks gang, R

Hi, looking to bombproof my Abelo 12-framers as the wear and tear and ratchets straps I favour take their toll. Have already added metal roofs to my Payne's nucs to prolong their lifespan and enable me to put a smoker on top; has anyone come across metal roofs (just the actual metal) that fit the 12 frame Abelo National Poly hive? Thanks gang, R
Sorry I can’t help you with the metal roofs.
For anyone out there worried about the ratchets damaging their poly roofs, I slip a thin bit of plywood underneath the ratchets and it stops them digging in.
IMG_0188.jpeg

You could use this 500mm x 500mm or 750mm x 750mn
https://www.buymetalonline.co.uk/pr...yy23gcfayAd3pWEkze5Aj7Rzrb2b1jmhoC_F4QAvD_BwE

Latest posts

Back