New Beekeeping Vehicle Must Have

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Citroen 2 CV was designed for any use. Had two in my lifetime and would buy another if available.
My 2CV van (AK400) works for me. Mine has done sterling service stuttling between workshop to apiaries carrying everything I might need.ak400- (4 of 8).jpg

Would a Transit pickup not be the best for moving hives/boxes about?

We usually hire a dropside with tail lift for pollination runs, but I was very nearly caught out last year with access onto a site,
Basically we were towed off & on by the farmer.
The Iveco 4x4 looks good, but expensive and would need the five ton version to get a decent payload, especially with a apilifter fitted.
We hired a brand new transit earlier this year to fetch a load of full supers back from Pollination.
77 commercial boxs and as we had driven all night to get home, we went to bed for a few hours.
Unfortunately for them a swarm made its way into the air inlet for the air con.
I did think we had got them all out, but when we next went to hire company they had sent the van back to dealer because it stunk of rotting meat.
The whole dash and ventilation system had been removed and thousands of dead bees were found, took the main dealer a whole week to do the job.