A very strange start to the year....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well one has to say that the conditions in which we are beekeeping are unprecedented - no local association meetings, no training for new beekeepers, branch apiary visits cancelled, and shows and events postponed.

I was lucky to get to Tradex when I did, and also to plan ahead and get kit in and assembled. Beekeeping is all about planning and hoping your plans are well thought through enough ! More-so this season...

The bees are building nicely, nucs prepared, swarm boxes going up, plenty of interest in local honey and a couple of offers of new apiary locations which will fill in my geographic location nicely and extend it too.

The downside to all the building supplies companies being shut means my honey room expansion is on hold for the time being..but I’m not sure where I’d find the time at the moment anyway !

Having a bit of down time during the virus - yes I did come down with it - resulted in me making my website live. Www. White horse honey dot com if you’re interested. It showcases the different honey I produce from the various apiaries I run and I’m pleased to say it’s started well and sales are coming in daily.

Just need the bees to do their thing and get some honey in them thar supers !

Latest posts

Back