A Frame for Minor Bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my uncle made the frame for his one out of rosewood ( he worked at 'sprites' caravans)

No!!! Well I never!

Was not sure if you knew it or not Dishmop,being the title (A Frame for Minor Bees?) and the question mark,thought you were asking what it was,and perhaps thinking it was a kind of home for solitary bees.

The clue was in the spelling of minor.not worthy

my uncle made the frame for his one out of rosewood ( he worked at 'sprites' caravans)

Quite some time ago then. I bet he didnt staple his Minor frame together like the Sprites were assembled.

The later models used inferior timber . (Veneered) Grew a lovely crop of mushrooms . I had to scrap one at 5 years old . it literally fell to pieces, chassis and all :(
VM

Quite some time ago then. I bet he didnt staple his Minor frame together like the Sprites were assembled.

he worked at the Newmarket factory site, during the 60's and 70's, he was a cabinet maker, and only worked on the custom / luxury models. these were fitted out in all types of wood, Oak, Rosewood, Mahogany etc.

Latest posts

Back