31.1c or local station recorded

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Wow hotter that I thought, tomorrow is looking even hotter still. We have stations online all over the island which we can look up.

Makes a nice change to have decent weather!!!!!!!

It's like being at the med in Sandown:)

I have entered the wet T shirt - and beesuit - competition.. Clibming trees in a jacket to collect swarms is good for weight loss..

I waited until 7pm and my hives in the shade before inspecting last night. Had to do part 2 of a snelgrove 2. Was dripping in a few minutes. Mercifully queen was marked.

It's cooler in the morning by evening temps are up I find

I was in North Yorkshire yesterday the tarmac on the roads was melting, it was sticking to the car/HGV tyres and pulling lumps out of the road to form potholes, the gritters where out which i thought was funny but they where spreading sand and gravel to try and stop it sticking to the tyres.

You wouldn't notice that here, we have so many pot holes already lol ! Not sure why we pay road tax to be honest! Although they have started doing the roads now, but they seem to choose roads that don't need doing, couldn't make it up lol

Most of my inspections are happening at 7.00 in the morning at the mo,a lot cooler but still uncomfortable after the third hive inspected !!!

You wouldn't notice that here, we have so many pot holes already lol ! Not sure why we pay road tax to be honest! Although they have started doing the roads now, but they seem to choose roads that don't need doing, couldn't make it up lol
The roads are the same here which caused a 3rd broken spring in two years and a knackered suspension arm, i bet the divvies in Government put the road tax up even more to fix all these new potholes.
However it has cooled down today thank the lord.

Pmsl that would be about right! Only 30.4c here today millet, so pleased it's cooled down for you!

30.1c in the shade at the moment here in East Cornwall. Just for a laugh I did my hive inspections a 1pm yesterday afternoon when it was only 29c as it was lovely and sunny and the bees couldn't be bothered with me and left me well alone. As previously mentioned, wet-beesuit competition.

New weekly record! Heading for 32c today, sweat dripping off me, cooler tomorrow, yippee!!

Latest posts

Back