2017 Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 & 6 Nucs
Here is a frame of brood from one of my Keld Brandstrup F1 queens, she is in a Nuc on 14x12 frames, more than pleased with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 96
My 1st year at having a go at serious queen raising / breeding. Made stacks of mistakes, learnt a hell of a lot and looking forward to next year. I now understand perfectly why people start, give up and sell imported queens.

Have got various lines to graft from including some hygienic / vsh from europe.

This is one of mine from German Stock, grafted open mated F1, have a couple of sisters on 14 x 12. Mid season made a nuc up 3 frames, gave her foundation to make up 8 frames, pinched a couple of frames a few weeks ago off her and her sister to make up a couple of nucs. Had to give them more frames, moved 1 to a full box and the other another box on top. Both were full of brood.

Sorry Cant figure out how to make them a thumbnail

36923975020_dd53e08134_h.jpg

37178742321_33b8037f42_c.jpg

37148764672_6bf01d944d_c.jpg

Last edited:
My 1st year at having a go at serious queen raising / breeding. Made stacks of mistakes, learnt a hell of a lot and looking forward to next year. I now understand perfectly why people start, give up and sell imported queens.

Have got various lines to graft from including some hygienic / vsh from europe.

pm sent

I question this as we're still working towards 100% VSH

Replied.

Didn't mean to give anybody the impression queens are VSH as you point out still very much a work in progress and I am far too inexperienced to pretend I know anything other than the meaning.

I should of said from VSH testing / trialling lines for clarification but I thought most people would make that assumption. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Latest posts

Back