14 inch Langs frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi Folks: Well I would like to know if any of you use the 14 deep frames in a single Brood box?
I have been reading about them and since I am
80 years old tired of lifting the 10 frame deeps!
Someone told me the frames for the Langstrom hives was available in England but I am not sure about that.
I plan on doing 1 hive for a try out?
Do you have any information about the 14X14 inch frames and if they are used there? Blacksheep:thanks:

MAny in that situation uses mere medium frames.

Horizontal langstroth hive does not work.

Balcksheep - I love your attitude - 80yrs and tired of lifting heavy broods. I hope I get to 80 years and still beekeeping and willing to try something new. Outstanding post. I wish you another 80 years of beekeeping. Jim

Thanks Jimmy!I have only been beekeeping for 4 years so all is new to me but I am a adventurous guy! I would like to try the 14 inch stuff as I have read that the bees like it as it is some what like they do in the wild.I have read that it is better in the winter and less swarming as the brood chamber is solid ono breaks like between boxes ending top fram and starting lower one it is all solid.
To inspect you don't turn the frames over just swing around to other side.
I cant hardly wait to try it!I will try a 5 frame Nuc first to see how it goes and I will post the results!
To live a long life I follow this advice!Never stop when you sit down and do nothing your finished!Old man full of advice!Ha

Latest posts

Back