1 down (Bxxxer)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
Have been delaying inspecting but checked a hive today that didnt seem to be as active as the others I have.
There were plenty of stores in the hive but few bees and no sign of the queen. The hive went into the winter as a strong colony (8 full frames of bees) and was treated exactly the same as the others but it would seem that HM didnt make it.
Oh well bit gutted but onwards and upwards
Cheers
S

I know that feeling.... I always feel that perhaps I did nay do enough... did something wrong...... etc etc.
But as I believe Auldous Huxley once said ." Rolling in the sh1t is no way to get clean".... you just MUST go forward!

Of course the perfect beek never has any losses or ever makes any mistakes..............

Last edited:
"Of course the perfect beek never has any losses or ever makes any mistakes."

There is no such animal:D

If I was a betting man I would say that there is a queen you missed and they will come through. It is always the ones you worry about that seem to pull through and the ones you have faith in that go into collapse, where would be the fun if mother nature wasn't playing with us all!!!!!
Hope for the best and wish you luck
:banghead:

stiffy,

sorry you lost it...but you still have 14 left? I've only got the one this winter and I'm worried sick!

rich

If I was a betting man I would say that there is a queen you missed and they will come through. It is always the ones you worry about that seem to pull through and the ones you have faith in that go into collapse, where would be the fun if mother nature wasn't playing with us all!!!!!
Hope for the best and wish you luck
:banghead:

Agreed, two colonies I thought were doomed late last year have pulled through with no problems.

Thanks for replies and support, it is appreciated. I still hold out some hope for the colony and as there is little to lose will watch and wait.... will post back if things work out.
Cheers
S

Latest posts

Back