Propolis Extract

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks very much for the advice ..

is there any ratio of fluid to solid .. 100ml to say 10g of propolis ?

I know a few Poles so will check this out

Gin-coy-ah :)

400grams of propolis to 1L of ethyl alcohol - these days have to make one such for ourselves, but always have to do other more important stuff..
Place it on sun or warm place in house, and as You said - shake when passing by..
My mentor long before gave to one institute sample and they said it is superb in quality.. No wonder, we are surrounded with " jungle"..

400grams of propolis to 1L of ethyl alcohol - these days have to make one such for ourselves, but always have to do other more important stuff..
Place it on sun or warm place in house, and as You said - shake when passing by..
My mentor long before gave to one institute sample and they said it is superb in quality.. No wonder, we are surrounded with " jungle"..

I know that solar lights will damage propolis extrat, are you sure the sun rays are not harming

I use Spirytus - Polish vodka 96% - can be bought over internet. Freeeze propolis then smash it into small pieces with a hammer.
Put in Kilner jar, shake twice a day [the jar that is] for 2 weeks.
Filter through coffee filter.
I sell it at markets - very popular.

Yes, Martin, I've made it with Polish vodka but for personal use.

What are the market regs. up your way for selling your tincture? The London Farmers' Markets say 14. HONEY and BEE PRODUCTS You may sell honey collected from your own hives kept within the Region. Honey must be your main product, but you may also sell candles, soap, or other products you make from your honey and wax. This seems (sort of) to include propolis tincture, but then they state that 11. BOTTLED DRINKS Spirits must be distilled by you within our region. Preference will be given to products using ingredients grown from within our region, both of which are slightly more difficult to achieve.

Latest posts

Back