Willing too pay for little help ....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello beekeepers is anyone able to just be my mentor for 1 hrs too to find new queen and Mark her lacking in this matter lol would be very grateful. I live in croston
Shake bees off frames , so they need to go through QE to get to the brood frames. Bit of work but you’ll end up with the Queen stuck trying to get through.
Empty box on top of QE helps making sure they don’t go everywhere.

Brill I shall try know my luck she bee hiding in side wall brood box but yes I will do thanks
That's exactly what happened last time I tried that! Bees everywhere, lots of drones on the QE, finally gave up and spotted her briefly disappearing into the brood frames as I removed the QE!

That's exactly what happened last time I tried that! Bees everywhere, lots of drones on the QE, finally gave up and spotted her briefly disappearing into the brood frames as I removed the QE!
Omg I don't want that plus I read it puts her off laying ????

Shake bees off frames , so they need to go through QE to get to the brood frames. Bit of work but you’ll end up with the Queen stuck trying to get through.
Empty box on top of QE helps making sure they don’t go everywhere.
Hello well just too let you no I found the queen it's not the one I bought but took long time in find her lol did the shake method but she is also not laying plenty of space for all three queens too lay but nothing any way thank you on the how too find her many thanks too all for advise cheers

Hello well just too let you no I found the queen it's not the one I bought but took long time in find her lol did the shake method but she is also not laying plenty of space for all three queens too lay but nothing any way thank you on the how too find her many thanks too all for advise cheers
You’re welcome

Mick are your bees foraging well and bringing back plenty of nectar ?
If they aren't then one can try and stimulate any mated Q by feeding the colony weak syrup.

The queen you found might be a virgin queen and they simply replaced the bought in queen. If a virgin stop fiddling and wait for her to mate and get laying , it can take weeks .

Same with the other two queens are they VQ's ?

Mick are your bees foraging well and bringing back plenty of nectar ?
If they aren't then one can try and stimulate any mated Q by feeding the colony weak syrup.

The queen you found might be a virgin queen and they simply replaced the bought in queen. If a virgin stop fiddling and wait for her to mate and get laying , it can take weeks .

Same with the other two queens are they VQ's ?
Yes all three bringing in loads and iv give them all some syrup just bits not every day fiddling lol 😂 what's VQs

The only time to worry about drones is when the brood is nothing but drone brood, then you have DLQ (drone laying Q) or layings workers.

My colonies have a higher drone population then most hives because I use foundationless comb and let the bees decide which cells to build, I have found swarming is no greater then just using worker cell size .
There are a few on hear who use foundationless combs.

Back