Which poly nuc?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit late but I'd also vote for BS nucs if going poly. Good, more functionality than other designs although like anything not perfect.

Feeder is simple and effective although design not 100% perfect - if the whim arises to overwinter 3 frame nucs you can't feed fondant separately.

Ideally should have a divisible crown board included to be able to check the three frame nucs separately.

The divider is a little awkward, even with grooves thoroughly vaselined and lid doesn't always sit very well with it in the middle. As said above, a metal upgrade version is available though.

Personally I like wooden ones more though I use both.

If you still want twenty give us a call

Hedgerow honey. Co.uk

If you still want twenty give us a call

Hedgerow honey

deep roof on masie throws the vote in their favour. BS is a bee squisher far worse than masie I started with masie nucs then ordered a few bs nucs and the bs nucs will be going not as good as masie. only benefit is bs are stronger.

deep roof on masie throws the vote in their favour. BS is a bee squisher far worse than masie I started with masie nucs then ordered a few bs nucs and the bs nucs will be going not as good as masie. only benefit is bs are stronger.
What's the squish point with the BS nucs?

Maisemore for me. Really like all the extensions (brood and supers), feeder and detached floor option.
Just bought a separate floor and roof from Maisemore. Gives flexibility so can convert any spare brood box extensions into a Nuc when running short. Also like the landing board on their separate Nuc floor

Latest posts

Back