When to transfer a nuc!?!?!?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garethbryson

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I collected a nuc last night and they have been very busy all day coming and going, i cant see any pollen going in so i surmise they are bringing in nectar. I haven't been in the box yet so i dont know how much brood is in there but i was told that they are quite well established. My consearn is that if if is nectar they are bring in that they will rum out of room. So would i be wise to transfer them over into my national tonight berofe the rain tomorrow and give them a feed so they can keep themselves busy drawing out foundation while its raining??

Just move them into the hive and unless it is set to rain for days leave them alone.

In the brood box put one frame of foundation against a side, then the nuc in the order that they are in, then fill with foundation. Pop on the Crown board and roof and leave a week.

Enjoy them.

PH

Bee's now transfered from nuc into national hive last night. Today there's alot of activity at the hive. bee's coming and going. seems to be alot of pollen going in aswell as bee's with no pollen who i presume are bringing in nectar. I'll have a look in a weeks time and hopefully i'll find alot of drawn out foundation and lots of eggs a grubs.

Latest posts

Back