Whats this tree?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybeegood

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Can anyone tell me what this is? It has lots of orangey red flowers & they turn into a small crab apple but i would like to know what type, i planted seeds off it 2 years ago & now have plants to plant out.
image.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a japonica....quince. Usually grows as a shrub. Has fruit but not edible like the real quince tree although I believe you can make jelly out of it. Grows well up a wall.

Yes that looks like it Thankyou, its about 9 foot tall, do the bees like it i didnt see any on it though they are probably occupied elsewhere.

That's just what I was about to say, Maaf.

JBG, how tall is that specimen in the photo? Mine just seems to crawl about the place, mostly. Less than 3' tall at its tallest.

That's just what I was about to say, Maaf.

JBG, how tall is that specimen in the photo? Mine just seems to crawl about the place, mostly. Less than 3' tall at its tallest.

About 9 foot tall. It has thorns on its branches, would that be right?

Yep, that'd be the one. Mine must just take after its owner, as I could be considered a porg.

Yep as above I have worked on many peoples gardens with them can go from 3 foot tall to about 12 and bees do seam to work them

Latest posts

Back