Wet Supers should I return to the hive?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mumph

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello
I've removed two supers with 10 frames of honey from my hive which were covered in OSR honey and wanted to get it processed quickly before it starts to set. I've already put one super full of frames back on the hive for the bees to clean. Is it ok to leave the frames on the hive for them to refill or should I remove them after a few days and give them new foundation to work on. I'm a little confused as I read somewhere on the forums here to remove them after a few days as they will go mouldy but I'm thinking thats what you would do if you are harvesting at the end of the year.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a little confused as I read somewhere on the forums here to remove them after a few days as they will go mouldy
I think whoever wrote that must be the one that's confused, leave them on for the main crop.
supers fon't need to be replaced 'for the bees to clean. Either put them back on for the bees to refill again, or store them wet until they are needed.

Back