Went to do AS but no queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lofty4880

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I went to do a AS today as I spotted queen cells 6 days ago with royal jelly so my bee mentor told me to do a AS today so looking in the brood box on each frame the was no queen is there a way of finding my queen easier.
she is it not marked :-/

6 days?
The advice should have been to AS immediately,
There are ways of helping you find the queen but first.......Let us know if the cells are sealed and if the weather has been good. If that is indeed the case then it's likely she has swarmed.

Last edited:
Read this
It is an absolute must, in fact I might hazard that for beginner it might be a good thing to print and keep a copy under the roof of one of the boxes.

Attachments

• THERE ARE QUEEN CELLS in the hive copy.pdf
    348.6 KB · Views: 47
No the cells wasn't sealed yet and the weather been bad all week till today which it was sunny but a cold northern wind

6 days?
The advice should have been to AS immediately,
:iagree:
I think your bee mentor gave you some seriously bad advice. You don't often get a second chance with QC's once you see them - take action!
IMHO your queen is well away by now. Were there any eggs there?open brood? more QC's? and in what stage of development?

I thought you had the bee inspector go through them on Monday what did he advise.

Yeah there was eggs I knock off the other QC and left the 2

They have still swarming fever. You should make AS. They can make more queen cells.
Just warning.

2 queen cells. Enough to swarm.

Swarming knowledge is not mathematics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back