Welsh beekeepers convention

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shall I wear a red carnation :)

Don't forget the rolled up telegraph! :D
I'll be on door duties from 8 until 10 - I've done that on purpose so that the amount of bargains on offer will be less when I'm let loose on the hall as the chamber of secrets (AKA shed number 2 where SWMBO never ventures because of the large plague of monster rats nesting there) is getting rather crowded

8! Isn't it still dark at 8 on a weekend? I'll be there. What time do you recommend for said pick of the bargains? Don't need a shed load of kit but don't want to miss out!

Doors open 8.45am so get there before then.

Just got back had a great day not as many people there this time, easy to get to the stuff, bought some supers a strainer for my extractor tap and bought a load of spanset straps £2 each.

:iagree:
Great day and great speakers.
My clever trick with being on the door first to avoid having bargain fever didn't work
a) Got the last one of the Jumbo MM feeders when i wanted two or three.
b) zipped back and fore between steward duties/lectures and picked up odd bits and pieces which have now filled half the car - chamber of secrets now being so full am having to consider whether the attic joists will take the strain :D
hmmm - maybe I should have bought just one more box of honey jars!

One foolish soul could,t make it to the convention so sent his wife with a shopping list and a large trolley.
Dangerous game that IMO! glad they don't live anywhere near me!!!

was the number of people down on last year?

I haven't had the figures as yet (I wasn't there last year) but i believe last year was an exceptionally busy one Th****es doulbed the stuff they brought compared to last year and they didn't seem to have that much left maisie and Wynn looked pretty cleared out when the day ended - it may have been there was just a steady trickle of people coming in right from 8am until well gone 11 and going straight home afterwards.
It was funny watching the odd person trying to sneak in to the trade hall before opening time 'just to put an order in' or the people who didn't think they should pay entry as they were just going to sit and have a cuppa! (I think one beek is going to have an ear bashing from his mum in law on that one - was it worth it for the bargins I wonder?) :D

I saved a fortune buying my items at the convention.

I can't belive I missed this, I had this weekend in my head for some reason and didn't bother checking:cuss:. Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, mail order it is then :(

Latest posts

Back