Well it's too late now, Im taking early retirement and given in my notice!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations and enjoy the retirement. My suggestions would be bee keep more, garden, clay pigeon shooting, a bit of voluntary work, a little bit a travel and spend time with friends preferably at the lottie, at a shoot or in the apiary.

Several sites planned

if there isn't enough forage for your present amount of colonies, where do you expect any new colonies you create to find food?

I have several sites ready to take new hives. They are better as they are closer to town.

You might want to contact Jo Widdiecombe who has some native type bees in Cornwall, although there are other people running these bees in Cornwall as well. I went to a talk by him yesterday and his bees do seem to be doing well in the Cornish countryside, where a significant factor is not just forage but the climate - wet and windy at times.

You can find his contact details on the admin page of the BIBBA website. He does produce and sell queens.

Back