Wedmore boards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These people sell Horsley boards which do the same job.

http://www.stamfordham.biz/

Or go to DIY shop and get a piece of 460 x 460mm ply and buy some 21 x 9mm laths and it won't take long to make your own Wedmore board.

"go to DIY shop and get a piece of 460 x 460mm ply and buy some 21 x 9mm laths and it won't take long to make your own Wedmore board."

i agree - get the store to cut the ply for you then all you need is the 21x9 strip (it's in the horizontal pigeon hole rack with various strip mouldings). just saw what you need then glue/tack or glue and screw.

or would you like one making? i'm up our neck of the woods this weekend after stoneleigh.

Or go to DIY shop and get a piece of 460 x 460mm ply and buy some 21 x 9mm laths and it won't take long to make your own Wedmore board.

i agree - get the store to cut the ply for you then all you need is the 21x9 strip (it's in the horizontal pigeon hole rack with various strip mouldings). just saw what you need then glue/tack or glue and screw.

You are both right and I should probably bite the bullet and force myself deeper into the morass of DIYing. Had enquired about commerical suppliers as in my experience, my own creations tend to end up costing twice the amount for a semi-boched job (if I'm lucky).

But I shall give it a go and the bees hopefully wont be too upset with the lack of craftmanship.

Hope to see you at Stoneleigh doc

"Hope to see you at Stoneleigh doc"

of course neither of us will need carnations in lapels as:

1. we have already met, and
2. we are both likely to be sporting swollen faces as per usual!

Latest posts

Back