• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted sherrif hat/veil

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordoncoll

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hello all, i have managed to pick up a sherrif apiarist suit quite cheaply but it is sans hat n veil. Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Cheers

Gordon

Hello all, i have managed to pick up a sherrif apiarist suit quite cheaply but it is sans hat n veil. Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Cheers

Gordon

Sheriff sell spares that zip into place but you are talking over £40, you won't see them on the website you will have to give them a ring.

Last edited:
Alternatively you could get yourself a vest top veil to go under the suit.

A new hat/veil is 50 quid. I was criticised on other sites for asking this quesion buti really dont understand why.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind me saying, but the best bee suit you can afford is the most important piece of equipment, especially when you are a new beekeeper. It gives you confidence and therefore improves the way you handle and view your bees. Bees will live in a dustbin if you let them but a bee suit should be the one thing you spend a little money on. My first one I had for 25 years. Be thrifty with everything but your suit. One day you may thank me for this advice! :)
E

I was hinting that you might like to buy a new hat and veil from the supplier! An old one will be old for a reason! Probably a holy reason!!!!!!!

You can easily replace the apiarist suit with regular clothes. To get started, choose a white shirt with a tight-fitting collar. In a beekeeper's suit, the shirt plays a primary role. Using a front-fastening shirt with a closed collar that can be securely fastened around the mesh is better. White sports or work pants made of thick fabric. Ensure the trousers have elastic bands that cover the waist and ankles tightly. Sweatpants should be light enough, so you don't get too hot in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back