Troll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebot

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Had to look up what a troll is as so many seem to like throwing this as an insult. I have highlighted what I believe is the important point. Differing opinion if fine and the line between this and an argument is often very thin.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

:ot::angelsad2:
Exactly ..... :troll:

What may seem like harmless fun or even thought provoking to some can be quite devastating to others.

Oh roll on Spring when we can have endless debate about the preferred swarm control method... and the forum Winter Cabin Fever is a long forgotten memory !

Nos da

There does come a point in a forum debate when agreeing to disagree is the only sensible outcome. Whipping a dead horse until only its hoofs are left isn't fun for anyone other than they folks with the whip.

" Heroism is virtue with which we defend ourselves from evil of others, and with humanity a man defend others from evil inside him."

Maybe lost in translation..Overall these days is humanity in deficiency..

As some day it may happen that a culprit must be found,
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of the forum's offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!

And that Nisi Prius nuisance, who just now is rather rife,
The Judicial humorist — I've got him on the list!
All funny fellows, comic men, and clowns of private life —
They'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed.

with apologies to Gilbert & Sullivan

once you have the list, there's the ignore button.

p.s. problem is, very occasionally, these people say something really insightful!

Last edited:
As some day it may happen that a culprit must be found,
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of the forum's offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!

And that Nisi Prius nuisance, who just now is rather rife,
The Judicial humorist — I've got him on the list!
All funny fellows, comic men, and clowns of private life —
They'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed.

with apologies to Gilbert & Sullivan

once you have the list, there's the ignore button.

p.s. problem is, very occasionally, these people say something really insightful!

Think it's more Manky Poos on here!

Latest posts

Back