There is no escape.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
HWMBO's birthday loomed up recently.
I gave him walkie talkie's. I fear this was a mistake.
There is now no hiding in the bee shed or being unable to answer the phone when surrounded by bees, as I stupidly promised I would take the blinking thing with me when I am engaged in previously uncontactable activities........

However, if you are stuck for a present, they really do work well and you get to play spies...over and out.
Cazza

:D
My OH keeps mentioning them.
Is it a man thing??

My husband wanted to buy these when we moved here, citing the end of one of our fields....where the bees are....being some five minutes walk from the house.
I managed to convince him that having his mobile number as one of my "magic numbers"......ie free :) would be sufficient.
Phew............what a narrow escape!!!

We have had them for a couple of years. Ridiculously cheap and work really well. Good for ....coffee's made.....when you are at the top of the garden!

As long as you remember that they aint telephones :)
As a long standing Radio ham I along with the rest of the fraternity quickly learned to discuss holidays. outings and visits to family after these events rather than before !!
It is easy to be lulled into thinking no one else is listening :D .
Even telephones of old (ship to shore ) used radio links and could accidently be picked up on top band .
VM

Latest posts

Back