Swarm in my garden and I am at work!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
AAAAARRRRGH a swarm has arrived in my garden and I am at work and I cant get off!!!!!!! its not one of mine as my queens are clipped, I have a bait hive hopefully they will move in.....:eek:

Won't your boss give you a little bit of 'compassionate leave'?

I once worked at a place where a guy was so desperate to get home to watch the football he phoned through a bomb-scare (a few weeks after the whole anthrax scare).
Needless to say we all spent the next hour stood outside in the rain whilst the building was checked and he missed the football.

I'd sit tight and keep your fingers crossed that they take the bait.

Will try the compassionate route... wish me luck

Will try the compassionate route... wish me luck

Good luck! If you are successful, don't forget to reward your boss with a jar of honey (even if it is only re-labeled supermarket stuff) - there may be a next time!

no luck I am afraid boss is not going for it.
I am going to have to rely on them finding the bait hives..... now which will they go for
12 x 14 or the national..... which shall it be.... (please note I have refrained from saying a poor bee joke)

I don't think you're trying hard enough! Have you got any kids or animals you could have claimed were seriously ill? (gotta be some bonus for having children)

Hahahaha I wish it were that easy, he sits directly behind me so he heard the telephone conversation.... he has stated that if there is not an ambulance outside my house there is no point in even trying

Hahahaha I wish it were that easy, he sits directly behind me so he heard the telephone conversation.... he has stated that if there is not an ambulance outside my house there is no point in even trying

Miserable *@~@ No chance of an extended lunch break, or working through lunch and leaving early, or trading time off for overtime?

And yet he doesn't care that your surfing the web? Bosses :banghead:

:willy_nilly: panic over had a call from my good lady theyve gone........:( over the hedge and over the gardens

Tell him you have to go home as your Wife is having a baby. Then when you go back to work and he asks what it was, you can say, "don't be daft, it takes 9 months".

Tell him you have to go home as your Wife is having a baby. Then when you go back to work and he asks what it was, you can say, "don't be daft, it takes 9 months".

Will keep this one in mind for future:)

AAAAARRRRGH a swarm has arrived in my garden and I am at work and I cant get off!!!!!!! its not one of mine as my queens are clipped, I have a bait hive hopefully they will move in.....:eek:

You sure it's not yours? Nucleus of mine with clipped queen swarmed. Queen lost with initial swarm, bees returned ( didn't see all this!)

Then left with a virgin queen.....

Fortunately caught.

Not inspected recently as a nucleus doesn't swarm if plenty of space to expand. Not!

Latest posts

Back