Studley Agricultural College - photos

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having learnt the rudiments of beekeeping from my father, he has recently told me that his father was the beekeeping teacher at Studley Ladies Agricultural College in Warwickshire. The college ran from the turn of the 20th century until the 1960's.
I have kept bees with a bit of a break in the middle for over 35 years and I am as keen now as when Dad first established a hive at our family home, when I was a young child. Sadly my father is in poor health at the moment and I am really keen to find a photograph of hives, ladies beekeeping, or (the holy grail) a photo of my grandfather. There are many photos scattered far and wide of rural skills taught at the college and many of their records held at the Museum of Rural Life refer to beekeeping, but as yet I have been unsuccessful.
If anyone has such a photograph ( I'm sure there will be one) I would be very grateful indeed of obtaining a copy. It would mean a huge amount to me and my dad. Many thanks

Latest posts

Back