stores in super

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
different manipulations. I haven't done any of them yet .

Ten to look forward to next year? You'll have to hit the sales😳
Having tried the modified snelgrove as described by wally shaw I thing I prefer the pagden; at least you get a box full of new frames. You just have to be sure of getting all those queen cells .

Ten to look forward to next year? You'll have to hit the sales😳
Having tried the modified snelgrove as described by wally shaw I thing I prefer the pagden; at least you get a box full of new frames. You just have to be sure of getting all those queen cells .

Ooooh....10....now that is scary. I want to settle with 6 but as you say equipment at the right time makes control a little easier. ATM I have 5 colonies but 2 of them are still quite small. And 5 nucs. My intention is to combine some of the nucs to make a further colony...picking the best queen...hopefully. That might leave me with some insurance nucs for this coming winter. Next year I will need to change some comb and do some wax recovery. So your idea of using the Pagden method could be a good way forward for me. I wonder what you call a Pagden when using a long hive?

Latest posts

Back